Your wedding day is special and we look forward to helping you make this important day beautiful and memorable.There are numerous options available for your civil ceremony from a basic standard service to the inclusion of your own vows, poems, quotes or songs. Sample ceremonies are provided as part of our civil marriage services. Our staff will meet with you prior to your wedding to prepare your personalized ceremony.
|Marriage Licence||$125.00 ($48 to Province of Ontario - net fee to Howick $77.00)|
$309.74 + HST(during business hours, at municipal office)
$376.11 + HST(other locations/outside of office hours)
|Rehearsal||$57.52 + HST|
|Travel||At current municipal mileage rate, locations outside of Howick Township|
Due to the civil nature of this service, interested parties must be aware that there cannot be any religious connotations to the ceremony.
Marriage Commissioner Booking Form
Apply for a Marriage Licence
To get a marriage licence, you will need to complete a marriage licence application.
What to bring with you when applying for a Marriage License
Two pieces of Government issued documentation is required for each applicant. One piece must be photo identification.
- Birth Certificate (Canadian or foreign)
- Passport (Canadian or foreign)
- Driver’s licence (Canadian or foreign
- Ontario Photo Card
- Photo identity card (other Canadian province/territory or foreign)
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Canadian Permanent Resident Card
- Canadian record of landing
- Canadian Government Refugee Travel Document
- Canadian Department of National Defence driver’s licence (Form DND 404)
- Canadian Possession and Acquisition Licence
- Canadian Status Card
- Canadian Conditional Release Identification Card
- Nexus card
- United States Green card
- Report Pursuant to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act with photo (Form IMM 1442)
- Student Authorization/Study Permit (Form IMM 1442)
- Employment Authorization/Work Permit (Form IMM 1442)
- Visitor Record (Form IMM 1442)
- Temporary Resident’s Permit (Form IMM 1442) – formally Minister’s Permit/Extension of Minister’s Permit