Skip to Content


Updated: Oct 16, 2023

Wildlife on Private Property

Wildlife issues on private property are the responsibility of the landowner. Owners can call pest control or wildlife control companies to remove wildlife at their own expense.

Public safety

If there is a public safety issue, please contact the Ontario Provincial Police. In an emergency, dial 911. For non-emergency situations, call 1-888-310-1122 or *677 (*OPP).

Report a dead animal

To report a dead animal (roadkill) on a municipal road or property, please report it by contacting us by phone at 519-335-3208.


If you think an animal has rabies, please visit the Ministry of Natural Resources website or call their rabies hotline at 1-888-574-6656.

If your pet has been in contact with a raccoon, skunk, fox or bat that you suspect has rabies, contact OMAFRA (Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs) at 1-877-424-1300 and contact your vet.


Call the toll-free Bear Wise reporting line at 1-866-514-2327 or TTY 705-945-7641 if a bear:

  • roams around or checks garbage cans
  • breaks into a shed where garbage or food is stored
  • is in a tree
  • pulls down a bird feeder or knocks over a barbecue
  • moves through a backyard or field but does not linger

This line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from April 1 to November 30.

Get In Touch

Josh Kestner By-law Enforcement/Property Standards/Canine Control Officer